“Quick, professional one-stop service that was cost effective.” — A. Blenkiron
How to make an insurance claim
Mike’s Panel Shop is well experienced in working with the insurance industry and have all the administrative systems for processing your claim in a timely fashion.
Below is a step-by-step guide to making your claim:
1. Vehicle accident: If you have a collision on the road, first stop to check if anyone requires medical assistance (emergency 111). If anyone is injured you must report this to the Police within 24 hours.
2. Phone your Insurance Co:Call your own insurer and inform them of the details of the accident. You will be given a claim number which you then pass on to Mike’s Panel Shop by phoning contact
3. Vehicle not drivable:If your vehicle is not drivable then instruct the towage company to deliver your vehicle to Mike’s Panel Shop, 24 North Street, Palmerston North
4. Assessment:Mike’s Panel Shop will immediately assess the damage to your car and provide both photographic evidence and a full written quote of the repairs required. We will then forward this to your insurance company.
5. Process of the claim:Your insurance company will liaise with Mike’s Panel Shop to arrive at the best solution for completing your repairs and will contact you once the claim has been approved.
6. Repair time:Mike’s Panel Shop will draw up a realistic time-frame for the work to be completed and contact you to discuss the schedule. We have a free courtesy car for your use while we undertake the repairs.
7. Repairs and Quality Control:All our work is quality guaranteed. We will draw up a quality check list to ensure that all the work is completed to the highest standard.
8. On Completion of the job we will contact you once your vehicle is ready to be collected. If you have an insurance excess, this must be paid on collection of your vehicle.